Tuesday, November 15, 2011

To Sylvia(2)

Sylvia, why did you cut your hair ?
The last time I saw you was a long time ago.
It no longer rains anymore. Just the shivering air raid of loneliness
attacking me when I'm down.
The cardboard that you once held, I went and bought it from the art supply store.
I put every ounce of my spirit into it;
I wanted to make something, Sylvia, but without you, nothing is worth creating.
It is as if my scissors have gone dull or else the cardboard has become damp.
So damp from my sweats and tears.

Tell me how I am supposed to cut water ?

Unless I'm Moses.
But I'm not, Sylvia. I'm a mess.
You can take a mess out of Moses
but not Moses out of a mess.

I missed you, Sylvia.
Your slim innocent hands that I'd never held.
And your angry pretty voice that I'd never heard
more than once.

No comments:

Post a Comment